Welcome to Berlin’s gay counselling centre “Schwulenberatung” homepage. People of all nationalities, cultures and religions are welcome to use our services.
We are a counselling service for:
- Gay and bisexual men
- Everyone who has questions about their sexual identity.
- People living with HIV/Aids
- Their relatives/partners
We’ve been in existence for over 25 years.
We also provide anonymous counselling and are bound to confidentiality.
Our services are free, but donations are, of course, welcome.
Our team consists of doctors, graduated educators, specialists in public health, psychologists, psychotherapists, social workers, administrators and numerous trainees and voluntary workers.
Several of us have a background of migration e.g. from England, Greece, Iran, Ireland, Poland and Turkey.
Some of our colleagues also speak:
We will try to find a solution if there are language problems, e.g. organise a translator.
Unfortunately we are unable to translate our homepage completely, but we can offer you an overview. There is a detailed explanation in German for all our services.
We provide help to manifold problems:
- Counselling (one to one counselling, addiction counselling, counselling around HIV/Aids, counselling for disabilities, welfare counselling, pension counselling, legal counselling, couple counselling, e-Mail- counselling, counselling around medical questions)
- (anti-)discrimination counselling
- HIV/Aids (one to one and couple counselling on HIV/Aids, discussion groups for people who are HIV-Positive, Pluspunkt, occupation and employment, supprted living, case management)
- Psychosocial help (one to one counselling, psychiatric groups, ‘Die Wippe’/contact social meeting, supported living in shared accomodations accompanied by therapy services, case management)
- Addiction, irrespective of the addictive drug, e.g.. alcohol, medication, cannabis, other recreational drugs, internet, sex, gambling (addiction counselling, addiction groups, addiction therapy, ‘Die Wippe’/contact social meeting, supported living)
- Disability, mentally, bodily or disability of the senses (disability counselling, supported living, ‘Die Wippe’/ contact social meeting)
- Occupation and employment (qualification measures, additional income)
- Supported living (supported living in shared accomodations accompanied by therapy services, supported living for people living with HIV/Aids, supported living for disabled, case management)
- Men over 60 (open discussion group, Mobile Salon, accomodation for seniors)
- Groups, guided or self-help (Wednesday group/open discussion group, coming-out group, psychiatric group, HIV-groups, addiction groups, senior gay men and self-help groups)
- Pluspunkt (counselling, supervision, support for people with HIV/Aids, www.pluspunktberlin.de)
- Mancheck (on location work and informationen concerning health, www.mancheck-berlin.de)
You can contact us by phone from Monday to Friday between 9a.m – 8p.m.
We are based in Niebuhrstraße 59/60 in 10629 Berlin-Charlottenburg or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org